费尔菲尔德农场 & 食物
welcome新2登录 brings environmental education beyond the walls of the classroom with 费尔菲尔德农场. In 2004, welcome新2登录 purchased 260 acres of natural farmland located just a mile from campus. 六年后, we expanded the farm by adding an additional 27 acres of land as well as four buildings on the property. Over time, this expanse of acreage has become so much more than rugged farmland. It's become a thriving extension of our campus and a place for our community to explore, 学习, 和成长.
The farm is a source of inspiration for many classes and the hub of countless concerts, 课余活动, 及学校活动. Our land also serves as an essential Dining Hall supplier, giving students the chance to actively participate in an ecologically grown farm-to-table experience.
费尔菲尔德农场 is a labor of love and has been cared for by a number of talented and committed farm managers, 教育工作者, 志愿者, 以及社区成员. They work to connect more people at welcome新2登录 and in the surrounding communities with the countless environmental and social issues linked to the food that nourishes us.
费尔菲尔德农场 is an education-focused production farm that invites welcome新2登录 students to work and 学习 on the land and become inspired to contribute to a food system that is sustainable and equitable for all living things.
We seek to cultivate a sustainable and equitable future for our students and community by:
- 创建安全, 学生学习新技能的包容性空间, 承担风险, 为有意义的收获做出贡献.
- Nourishing minds and bodies through partnerships with the welcome新2登录 Dining Hall and local community organizations.
- Cultivating experiential and place-based 学习ing opportunities that promote academic investigation, 研究, 和参与.
- Acknowledging and celebrating our shared and diverse relationships with food and the land while engaging with the complex issues surrounding historic and contemporary food culture, 股本, 访问, 以及社会公正.
- Stewarding the natural resources of the farm’s ecosystem to grow healthy food while improving soil health through regenerative practices such as cover cropping, 堆肥, 以及有助于减缓气候变化的低耕做法.
2015年春季竣工, 画眉山庄存放着农场的23个,000-plus pounds of produce and provides an ideal setting for student and faculty retreats, 类团聚, 夏天还有户外音乐会. The building includes a teaching kitchen for cooking classes, 农场:农产品的加工场所, 还有一个华丽的门廊. In 2019, the Grange received a National Design Award from the Society of American Registered Architects.